Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Arrival



The skeptical community is sorely absent of female voices.  Whether this is due to the fact that various skeptical societies are still vastly male populated, or because women communicate with each other via primarily memes and anecdotes, or because of other reasons; I want to add my voice.  Women are indeed capable of reason and thinking objectively.
 
“Mother blogs”, as I call them, are numerous and we probably don’t need another.  There are some really really good ones.  However, I find my gender tends towards pseudo-science and conjecture too often.  In a room full of other, shall I say typical women, I feel like Spock on the Enterprise – bemused by their indulgences in emotion… the fact I just referenced Star Trek should be an indication of what I mean.  If you’re a woman, and you know EXACTLY what I mean, well then, I invite you to read on, ‘cause HERE WE GO!

Shuddap Spock!

No comments:

Post a Comment